Thursday, March 15, 2012

Thank you for letting God use me.

This morning I was thinking how grateful I am to God first for using me in Honduras but also to all my family and friends that God uses too.  If it weren't for family, friends, my church, members of the teams that come to Honduras and to the members of the Salt and Light Ministry Foundation, I would not be able to let God use me.  I am dependent on all of you for the resources that God puts on your hearts to share with me.  I am not just talking about money but your prayers for me.  I want to be open to God's will for my life every moment but I get off track.  The people here can tell you I get off track and don't seek God's direction and guidance as often as I should.  I don't seek His wisdom as often as I need to.  I use my own wisdom and that doesn't work.  I forget who is in control of everything and I get anxious when there is no need.  I waste a lot of time being anxious when God knows and takes care of everything.  He wants me to wait and depend on Him for everything.

This is my fourth year in Honduras and it seems like the first.  Time has gone by so quickly.  I never know if God will use me here again but I have to remember, if He doesn't use me in Honduras, He has a better plan for me.  It makes me sad when I think that I might not be able to come back and see all the friends I have made but I know God's will is best no matter how I feel about it.  I think about Jeremiah 29:11 a lot and I know it is true.  God knew I would be here typing before I was born and what a great plan He had for me and has more to come.  He has a plan to use all of us, we just have to be willing to be His hands and feet so He can use us.

I have added soime pictures of the Men's Ministry garden next to the clinic.  Henry has tried so hard to find something for the men to do to help support their families.  The men are clearing and planting seeds that will produce vegetables to sell to the soup kitchens that the ministry supports.  This is the "dry" season in Honduras and they were concerned about the seed coming up.  The owner of the property would not let us water the garden bu God has provided a shower every night since they planted the garden.  It is growing beautifully and they even planted yellow squash, my favorite vegetable.

I will go home in less than two weeks and I am looking forward to seeing my family and friends.  They have helped me so much by loving me and letting me be where God wants me.

Thank you all for everything especially the prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment